Friday, April 22, 2011

Sailing at last!


My wife and I had Wednesday off and it wasn't raining, so we took Ravn for her inaugural sail. It was great!


She (the boat) behaved like a lady, moving smartly under her small standing lug sail.



I know what all you sailors are asking: "Does she go to windward?" The answer is, I think so. The wind was 10 to 15 knots but the hills and valleys caused it to clock around 180 degrees in 100 yards, so by the time we made it through a tack, the wind was from a completely different direction. I also didn't have a downhaul rigged until about the last 20 minutes of the sail. I think once I get her tuned, she will go to windward, after a fashion, just as Atkin said.

She really shines on a reach and a run.


Yes, it was that cold, but still a great sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment